The major $632m, 12 storey redevelopment of Campbelltown Hospital will service the growing Campbelltown Macarthur community until 2031 and beyond, increasing access to healthcare across the care spectrum, from community health through to tertiary care.
The scope for the hospital redevelopment is underpinned by significant population growth expected in Western Sydney, and the ambition of Campbelltown Macarthur to support health and education facilities as a driver for a sustainable city.
The innovation potential of this world-class, flexible, and future-proofed precinct for the community will be realised through the creation of an integrated facility encompassing integrated services across adult, paediatric, and mental health streams, enabling contemporary health services to be delivered.
The new building will include an emergency department, women’s health services (including birthing suites and a maternity unit), dedicated children’s units, state-of-the-art operating theatres, and an intensive care unit, along with mental health units.
Public spaces and retail outlets will also feature in the main thoroughfare connecting the new clinical services building to the existing hospital buildings.
The successful design and construction of the $34.1 million Campbelltown Hospital multi-storey carpark, with more than 800 spaces over seven levels of parking, was part of the hospital’s early work to give the local community and workers better on-site parking possibilities.
Key project features:
- New clinical services building with modern wards and patient facilities
- New women’s health services including birthing suites and maternity ward
- Increased children’s outpatient and ambulatory care services
- Increased children’s surgical services
- New nuclear medicine and dental services
- State-of-the-art operating theatres and intensive care unit
- Larger emergency department with more treatment spaces
- Modern mental health units that are centrally located
- Increased access to outpatient and ambulatory care services
- Upgraded medical imaging equipment
- Increased cancer services